-->

15 February 2011

Tan Spot 50s Sundress

I've been dying to show you all this dress which I brought on Saturday, with Valentine's Day over and all the excessive lovey dovey posts gone the time has come! I first saw this dress on Lydia Lee's wish list last week, I liked it, but not enough to buy it. Then when I was in Topshop my mum pointed it out to me and I said "yeah I know it's nice isn't it" but I still didn't have a proper look at it. On my third encounter with the dress as I walked past I finally noticed the back detail and fell in love! There were only three left, luckily one in an 8!





I got it for £33 something (yay for student discount!) which I don't think is bad for a Topshop dress, I'll be able to wear this in the day and maybe the evening. It's also a classic item which probably won't go out of fashion :)

I was going to do look book with all the things I might wear with this dress, what colours would work well but I decided against it because otherwise when I next wear it you will have seen it before! I think a turquoise nail varnish would work really well. I think it also needs a belt? Waist belts never fit me so if anybody knows of any shops that make belts small let me know! If not I'm going to have a look in kids places :\

No face shots today because I woke up and have something going on with my eye! It's like half the size of the of other, lol.
x

21 comments:

  1. oooh, i love this dress! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment:) <3
    I like your blog!! Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so lovely! I checked it out myself last week, but it didn't hang on me right. Looks beautiful on you though :)

    I've tagged you in my latest post and awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! Cause I love this blog and you're one of the most stylish people I follow!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have instantly fell in love with this dress! How could you not? I don't have a single item of clothing with that same kind of detail on the back, but I'm not going to be buying that as I'm trying to save my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've linked you here (:

    this dress is so lovely, like always.
    I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i want that dress!
    amy,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's such a pretty dress! Polka dots are so indearingly classic ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this dress! Haven't worn it yet tho :( x

    http://www.LiveFastDieInChanel.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this dress - such a classic cut and so flattering on you!

    http://missmina-mina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress is gorgeous! and the color is so pretty. great purchase!!

    xoxo monika.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's V. Cute!! The back detailing makes it! I wissh we had a Topshop here in Aus :(

    x

    thisiswhatidwear

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love it so pretty, will be great for the summer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress and it looks so great on you. I tried it on a few weeks ago but looked silly haha


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOOOOOOOOVE this dress, I've been eying it up for ages, but I just can't afford it at the moment :( Looks gorgeous on you though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. <3<3<3<3
    ahhhhh i love it! i was goign to try this on yday but realised it's totally not me.. it looks really nice on you tho coz you have long hair :)
    reasonable price for topshop aswell.. for once!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i saw this dress, looks cute on you! check out my blog if you get a chance xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's such a cute dress! Polka dots are amazing ^-^

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this polka dress....so lush

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think a lovely thin plaited belt would look lovely in a constrasting colour, i got one from topshop and i have the same problem with belts but they have small medium and large, so i got the small and wear that as a waist belt and tuck any over hang underneath the waist part of the belt :) also you can pick up cheaper ones in primark they are like exactly the same for about £2.00 xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all my messages :)
Thank you for leaving them!