-->

03 February 2012

My Top 10 Nail Polishes

The other day I realised I don't just like nail polish a lot, I have an addiction. If I had to lose all my other polishes these are probably the ones I'd hold on to.
  • Barry M's Tangerine is lovely for Summer and just generally adds something a bit different, it also comes in useful for Halloween!
  • Bright Red by Barry M is your classic red which you can wear all year round, I think everyone needs a red like this in their collection.
  • Picadilly Circus is quite a recent favourite, it's similar to Barry M's Raspberry but much better in my opinion! It's a deep cerise colour whereas Raspberry is more red.
  • Model's Own Bubblegum is a neon pink colour, it dries semi matte which I find a bit odd so I usually put a top coat over it. (Better picture here)
  • Milan is a super sparkly shimmery pink which is completely different to anything else in my collection. 


  • 'Bare' was free in Instyle magazine, it's still not my perfect nude but I do still really like it. It works well for a variety of nail art :)
  • I got Big Smoke on the day Topshop make up launched, it's very sophisticated. It's got a lot more dimension than Barry M's mushroom!
  • Juicy Jules is one of the most amazing nail polishes ever! You can get lots of different looks from just one polish, I like layering it over dark polishes. 
  • Barry M's Blue Glitter doesn't get enough hype in my opinion! I'd say it's the best glitter polish I own - completely opaque in three coats. I wore on my toes all throughout the summer. 
  • I like Navy by Barry M as it's just the right navy, a lot of navy's can look too dark. A nice alternative to black.
Sooo, what's your favourite nail polish?
x

34 comments:

  1. At the moment I'm loving Nails Inc in general, I can't narrow it down to one! I've decided I need Barry M tangerine in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Models Own bubble gum color, and also the top shop big smoke! Super cute. :D

    xx Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Blue Glitter; just need some patience :P I absolutely love Maybelline's Nude Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Blue Glitter Barry M nail polish, it's so pretty! My favourite at the minute is 17 Magnetized Nail Polish, I have been wanting to get my hands on some for ages and now I have it has fast become my new favourite :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two of the 17 magnetized polishes, I really like them too! x

      Delete
  5. I ALWAYS think about doing this post, but i am not sure how i would pick my favourites- i think i just love too many polishes in general lol! I think Juicy Jules would have to make it onto my list too though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did struggle narrowing it down to 10! I could've easily picked 20 or so x

      Delete
  6. You have some great colours! I love no 7 - Milan.
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the Model's Own nail varnishes here! Such gorgeous colours and the glitter is to die for! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! I love Barry M nail polishes!! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fab colours! I've got the Topshop one too :)

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Barry M blue glitter for Christmas but I'm yet to try it out! I like the look of Topshop's Big Smoke, I haven't tried any of their polishes yet! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try it! It's so pretty :) I only have one Topshop polish, I definitely want to try more though! x

      Delete
  11. So many fun colours, the navy and orange are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cerise Piccadilly Circus is amazing ! Love that shade of cerise so much <3

    You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120 $ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  13. The big smoke is my fave! :)

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this post, I'm far too addicted to Nail Polish, the amount I own is getting a bit ridiculous! That 'Bare' by Nails Inc. is too lovely! I honestly can't choose a favourite, though my favourite brand would have to be Model's own at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models Own is probably my favourite brand atm, closely followed by Barry M! I have so many too, I'm running out of storage space, eek! x

      Delete
  15. you know whats really weird, I just filmed a top 10 nail polish video and I'm about to do a post about it later. They say great minds think alike. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the reds and glittery nail polishes the most.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh really great choices, I did a top 5 and couldn't believe how hard it was to choose only five as I just love nail polish. Milan looks gorgeous :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do a top 5 but it was just too tricky! x

      Delete
  18. You know what, I was really surprised with the quality of no7's nail varnishes. Everything else seems to be really overpriced, but they're great. Lasted 5days without a topcoat!
    It would be mine
    Juicy Jules has been on my wishlist for so long! Need need need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so No 7 polishes are a bit hit and miss - whilst the one above is lovely, I have a white one and it's appalling! Definitely pick up Juicy Jules, it's so pretty :) x

      Delete
  19. I absolutely love Barry M nail paint. I have so many colours. I don't have the light blue glittery one though, I'll have to put that on my wish list!!

    Zoe x
    Life of a Vegetarian Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a fair few colours :) I really recommend the blue glitter, I want to get the red glitter too! x

      Delete
  20. WOW great polishes there!! I love Models Own and Barry M - they are my go-to polishes - cheap and cheerful!!

    Drea xo

    dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they're definitely my two favourite brands! x

      Delete
  21. This post is fabbb! I love Nails Inc and Barry M nail varnishes and they come in so many wonderful colours too :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great polishes. I need to get my hands on some nails inc polishes. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nails Inc often come free in magazines or with some sort of promotion, so look out for those! I doubt I'd ever pay £11 for one. x

      Delete
  23. Milan is a gorgeous colour isn't it!? That's the only one I have.. I'll have to go shopping ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I read all my messages :)
Thank you for leaving them!